Yamaha Asian Beat Band Championship is one of Asia’s biggest and most prestigious talent hunts for amateur bands spanning China, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, etc and also covering Mexico and Philippines. It is in its tenth year now.
Rolling Stone is handling this for Yamaha Music here.
To provide an overview, the process for selecting bands for Asian Beat is pretty exhaustive.
• Amateur bands send demos
• Shortlisted bands are invited to compete at regional levels
• Top bands from each region compete in the national final
• The one band that wins the national final goes on to represent the country at the Asian Beat Band Championship in Japan for a grand prize.
Some more details on this can be found via the links below:
About the Indian leg Finals:
• 6 finalist bands competing against each other
• 1 established headlining band – Whirling Kalapas
• Panel of reputed judges from the musician fraternity